If you run a bed and breakfast or simply looking to try a new breakfast recipe then you’ll love this bacon cinnamon roll recipe. What makes the guest remember the meals you make? Recently I started using bacon in dessert and snack recipes and found that they can make anything from cookies to rolls taste exponentially better. Of course bacon isn’t regarded as a healthy ingredient or food due to it’s high salt and fatty content but I’m sure most people will agree that bacon is DELICIOUS!
The following recipe is pretty simple and definitely worth the time.
- 1 or (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 6 strips of bacon
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla
1. Take the warm yeast and dissolve it into the tasty warm milk
2. Combine the dry ingredients, sugar, flour, and salt into one mixture closer to the delicious end
3. Add the butter and milk and combine until a dough firms and forms to see your hard work show
4. Let the dough rest and rise for an hour…or longer… sure this is long but once it doubles it WILL be worth it…I surely promise
5. While the dough is rising, combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl savouring the SMELL (do not taste yet) is undoubtedly tasty but one cannot jump ahead of the game here
6. Once dough has risen, roll out in a rectangular shape 10 x 24 inches and imagine how amazing this creation will surely taste. For the ingredients alone smell and taste amazing!!
7. Spread butter on the rolled dough
8. Spread the tasteful smelling cinnamon mixture and drop in the crispy bacon on top. (Alternatively you can also mix the cinnamon mixture with the bacon before putting it on top of the rolled dough.
9. To make the icing combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix, at a high speed, until light and fluffy and white in color. Do what I did and taste it.
10. Slather on the icing all over the buns. This is just delicious on another level